Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cinderella got a palace, but I could fill it up


Sound the alarm - I have found a wedding planning detail that doesn't stress me out! In fact, I love it, RELISH it even. Registering...I've been doing it online and having SO much fun. I get to curl up on the couch, and imagine all the things I love and couldn't afford after 10 years of saving. I know it sounds greedy and that I've become so connected to the "things" related to a day that should be about our love. But whatever...we love each other either way, but it is exciting knowing that we will be showered with things that we handpick. And to make it sound a little better...these things will symbolize the day we celebrated how we feel with everyone...AND IT'S AWESOME STUFF:)
On another defensive note, most of this stuff makes me feel like a "wife." It's horribly sexist and antiquated, but wives have tea sets, and matching dishes, and appliances that don't come from the drug store. And wives have STANDING MIXERS! Seriously, my dreams of wedded bliss have included a standing mixer for as long as I can remember. Since cooking shows didn't have their own network. Since I thought weddings actually included glass slippers (hmmm, how would those go over on the stairs?)
So, good news - I've found some pure joy in the wedding planning process. Bad news - it's selfish and materialistic. Guess what, I'm not going to feel too bad.

1 comment:

  1. That was one of the best parts Katie...make sure to register for fun stuff too! We did camping gear at REI, DVD's games, etc.

    ReplyDelete