Thursday, June 3, 2010

Engagement Photos: The Sequel

We took our engagement photos, which honestly was never in my plan and didn't matter much to me. How was I to know this could be better than a massage in the relaxation department? So from now on, this will be one of my "when I was a bride" tips - do an engagement session. Why? I will tell you....

1) I got to know my photographer a little bit better. I saw her style WHILE in action (and was pleasantly suprised) and got to chit chat a little at the same time. I even met her cute pup!

2)I got to try out make-up application for the day. There are schools of thought that preach "not too much make-up when you're wearing white!" some that just say "no bright colors" and some that say "cake it on baby, or the camera won't see it at all!" I felt pretty made up and still could have probably used a little more at times. But I got a good rehearsal for the BIG DAY.

3)I got to see the magic that my photographer can work! I am now not terrified of a little blemish here or small imperfections. I actually don't mind looking at the pictures she took of me which gives me so much more confidence for the day.

Overall I'm just more relaxed about the photo process which is not a small part of the day. One more thing to check off the list, take a big deep sigh, and pop open a Bud Light Lime over.

No comments:

Post a Comment