Thursday, April 22, 2010

Playing Dress Up

I picked up my dress. It's white- not blue, or black, or red patterned, but white (actually ivory). It's also humungo as I suspected, but better big than small. Especially in this case, because if THAT dress was small, I would be better fit as an 80's movie icon/marketing tool.


Anyhow, I got my dress from the store...and on the same day my veil and my shoes. My veil is the veil Geneen wore for her wedding...it matches my dress so perfectly, kind of fits our entire friendship. AND I just needed "something borrowed" and that is it. (Did you hear that G? Due to tradition, you need to take it back!) My shoes are fun, and although slightly pricier than I would have liked for a pair of shoes I very well may only wear ONCE in my life - I am happy with them...they are comfortable AND cute.

So the dress went to my dad's house because my apartment is small and houses someone who is not supposed to see said dress, and everyone else's house has animals...and fur on my dress could lead to a pretty sneezy, goobery bride. But I took the shoes and veil home...and put them on. And then took them out a few more times and put them on. For two days.


I know it's juvenile not to be able to stop my urges to play dress up with my wedding accessories (in a house with, not one, but TWO) bottles of BBQ sauce!)but at least I had the maturity to recognize it. I forfeited my accessories to my dad to take home. They should be safe there - but I miss them!!

Hair accessories are on their way to me now. I wonder what kind of self control I'll have with those....

No comments:

Post a Comment