Thursday, April 22, 2010

Engagement Photos Shmotos


So we had a our first snafu and it went so well, I'm welcoming the others that are sure to come! (Just kidding universe, or god, or whoever...I totally just knocked on wood). We had our engagement session, that we didn't schedule until the "spring" so that we could get some beautiful weather. Beautiful weather started, and I scheduled. We picked Santa Clara's Central Park - Santa Clara is basically where we both grew up and I like that it's a place we'll always recognize in our pictures.

We spent a week getting ready. I picked out a stellar wardrobe (if I may say so) and accessories that were fun but not so "out there" that I wouldn't be ME in the photos. I used face masks and peels and got my hair touched up. I let the lady at the mall rip out my eyebrow hairs in front of the heavy Friday crowd (that ended up consisting of at least 4 people I knew).

The morning of the big shoot it was a little cloudy. We started running errands, and everyone was very concerned what the weather would look like by 3pm....except us for some reason. Each errand we finished brought the reward of darker skies, more droplets and by noon (as we finished all our errands) we got a call AND a torrential downpour at the same moment. Photo shoot was off. Or should I say, pushed back. The result? We had all our errands done and an entire free, rainy, Sunday afternoon on our hands.

We used leftovers and made big BBQ sandwiches and ate leftover junkfood. I read and slept on the couch while Jake watched golf. We probably moved less that afternoon than most one-hour stints on most weekends. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment