Friday, April 2, 2010

Dreams: Round 2

I think I jinxed myself. I keep telling people how relaxed I am - and that I'm so far along in my planning process. AND that I'm not worried...finally my mind said "hey, hey! We don't talk like that around here!" And before I woke up exactly six months before our wedding, I had another wedding themed dream...

It started out that I was shopping in Whole Foods for flowers...this is similar to my actual plan of going to a farmers market the day before my wedding to get flowers and make my (our) own bouquets. Lately, I've been a little worried about getting to within 24 hours of the wedding and finding that I can't accomplish this. In my dream I found the perfect flower...then found it cost $99 per stem. That was NOT going to work. Not sure if the flower issue was solved - but I know we were rushing around trying to get things done. I saw the clock and it was 7pm - my rehearsal was supposed to be at 4pm.
After that I got my dress. Now I know it was ordered big and is going to need some alterations. It's in but I haven't picked it up. In my dream I got it very last minute and put it on. I could tell that it didn't fit well, that the chest area was extended beyond my body, and I also noticed it was a halter top (not my real dress). When I was getting ready to walk down the isle I saw myself in a window and the dress was powder blue! Can a sister not wear a white dress?! Seriously, are we seeing a pattern here?
I decided the photographer would be able to at least make my dress white in pictures, but then I thought...the photographer! She didn't catch any getting ready shots. She hadn't even shown up yet, and I was walking towards the isle. I remembered that my hair wasn't even brushed and again, I thought "I never even got my sparkly bridal apparel."
So I have a renewed feeling of stress. Dreams are good for that:) NOW I feel like a real bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment