Friday, February 19, 2010

Nuvaring-1: Katie- 0


One Saturday morning while lying around in bed, imagining the fun of our wedding (and the night of - not that it will be a maiden voyage by any means) I decided to take down our tropical images calendar and do some sleuthing. Turns out, I was right on plan to be having one particularly unwelcome guest the day of my wedding. The wedding night aside - me and white have not exactly gotten along in the past...I could only imagine the embarrassment that would ensue...

So I researched how to use my current form of "anti-baby" to set my schedule off by a week. Now, let it be known that lots of people do this with no issue whatsoever. I however am very sensitive to hormones and medications (and let's face it, everything) and suspected I might have a little trouble. What has errupted has been the biggest, ugliest volcano of illness, moodiness, tears, and general malase.

A week into the week skipping process, my body got very upset. It decided to take it out on my stomach first...mock afternoon sickness is the best description. I would feel fine until the clock hit the PM times and I would get overwhelming desire to lose whatever I had eaten. After I had, I would start to feel better, and then maybe have a few more waves. I also got tired and moody. And by moody I don't mean just one negative mood...I mean, Cybil moody. Happy, then teary, then clingy, then pissed, etc. etc. In general I just felt yucky...like a long string of PMS. I hear if you keep with it, it will get better, but I'm not going to take that risk. This weekend I go back to the normal routine, the wedding debaucle is diverted, and I guess I can consider myself a stronger person for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment